Looking fabulous is not limited to a particular season, but fall is one season where fab rules! From bold textures and earthy tones to colorful animal prints, sequins, terra cotta, mauves, dusty roses, burgundy, dramatic colors like silver metallic. Textured clothing such as velvet, corduroy, suede, fringes, and the oh so ever glamorous tortoise pattern that is singlehandedly an enduring trend beloved by the fashion world also play a central role in this season.
- Fall is fun and offers the perfect opportunity to be playful, sophisticated and dazzle the crowd, and what a better way to spruce up your glamour one level with this zebra-patterned Carine pocket calf leather from Hugo Matha, a young French designer who has taken the fashion scene by storm. Be ready to hear a lot more from him in this blog.
- I am lusting for those sexy suede fuschia pumps from the iconic paris based shoe designer Roger Vivier.
- This glow purse in tortoise Film from Maryam Nassir Zadeh is absolutely stunning and makes such a Hollywood statement!
- I also love, love, love this Alpaca Camel Beret from Brooklyn-based designer laura manoogian and those super cute mesh socks in olive stripes from darner.
- Of course, scents are critically essential and not to be downplayed. One of my favorite scent of the moment is the Bal D’afrique eau de parfum from Byredo.
- If you haven’t checked out Zara’s fall collection yet, you should take a peek at their uber sophisticated jewelry collection. those sparkly chain earrings and faux-pearls and coin necklace will ensure you shine at your next vernissage without going bankrupt. I love Zara for that. I believe that social equity in the fashion world is so critical and that women regardless of social status, education or income should look good and feel their absolute best!
- I’m also fond of pastels and this cute nail polish shows how pastel colors aren’t limited to summer.
Photo credits via: Hugo matha; roger vivier; byredo; need supply and Zara websites